First off, I am not much of a writer, but I do love reading all of my friends blogs. They are such a wonderful record of what has happened and what is happening in their lives. I find myself at the ripe old age of 32 forgetting things! Now that I have two children of my own. I want to remember every moment! I am a scrapbooker, but I am so far behind with all of my photos, I could never keep the journaling up! So this is my journal and a way for family and friends to know what is going on in the Kilian household!
Right now Kayley is 19 months old and Caden is 7 months old. They keep me pretty busy during the day. Kayley is going into the terrible 2 stage already. She is testing all of the limits right now. She is a big tease and thinks everything is a joke! I am reading Shepherding a Childs Heart by Tedd Tripp and I just ordered Toddler Wise. I need all of the advice I can get, so any more suggestions for good parenting books (especially aimed for toddlers) would be appreciated! Kayley really does have a sweet spirit about her. I just want it to stay sweet! Caden is all over the place! He is really trying to crawl. Right now he rolls everywhere he wants to go. He loves his big sister. He just smiles at everything she does. He got two bottom teeth a couple of weeks ago.
He is such a happy baby! He giggles out loud and makes the sweetest little sounds! Kayley was more of a serious baby. Happy, but serious. Caden has been Mr. Personality from the beginning.
Rex is as busy as ever. He is so close to his Masters degree from Carnegie Mellon. He actually has the summer off, but will be starting back with classes soon. Right now he has his schedule full with his normal 40-hr week job and 3 other freelance jobs! Sometimes he doesn't make it home until 8 or 9 at night! Long day for him and me!
Me, I am just trying to keep afloat! I feel overwhelmed sometimes, when I think of all of the things I have to/want to do. It amazes me how much time two little babies take up! I love every minute of it, but wow, it really changes your life! The fact that you can't sleep in when you want to, or just take a quick trip to the store! (the whole packing the diaper bag thing- not fun and so time consuming when you just want to run out the door!) And then just trying to fit in the fun things. Like scrapbooking or reading a book, or now blogging. I thought it would be so easy to take care of kids and not work full time! Well I can honestly say it's not easy, and the full time job wasn't all that bad! I just had to get ready and go to work everyday, come home and do my own thing. Don't get me wrong. I would never trade my life now, for what I had before babies. I love love love my babies and I feel so blessed to be with them every day. It just wasn't as easy as I thought. The whole keeping up the house with two kids is quite the task as well , especially when I have a toddler undoing everything I do get done.
Well I already have to sign off. Rex got up with the babies and he is needing my help. Kayley with her cheerios and milk and Caden with his 8oz bottle.
It's Been a Long Time
3 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment